Ministry Coordinator Description
CEF of Northwest Maryland is in need of a Ministry Coordinator for Frederick County Maryland. The position is paid, part time and the coordinator would fall under the direction of the Ministry Director Phill Michael and the Ministry Board.
General Responsibilities: Builds and manages the After School Good News Club (ASGNC) program and summer 5-Day Club program, offering a variety of opportunities for churches and individuals to partner with CEF in reaching children for Christ. Assists in expanding the ministry of the Northwest Maryland CEF Chapter, focused primarily in Frederick County.
- Casts a vision to individuals, churches and other organizations sharing the urgent need to present the Gospel of Christ to children.
- Builds relationships with interested individuals and churches to share the ministry opportunities of NW MD CEF.
- Represents NW MD CEF at mission conferences and other promotional events.
After School Good News Club (ASGNC) Program
- Seeks opportunities to present the NWMD ASGNC ministry, challenging churches and individuals to adopt an elementary school in their neighborhood.
- Recruits Good News Club team members for after school clubs.
- Assists local director in providing information and building relationships with school administration.
- Initiates the clubs in schools and provides initial and ongoing training/support for ASGNC teams.
- Works with local staff to develop an effective teacher training program for Good News Club team members and other appropriate groups.
- Provides NW MD Good News Club Procedures Training for new Good News Club teams.
- Provides Good News Club curriculum training and on-going follow up for existing NW MD GNC team members.
- Participates in Christian Youth in Action (CYIA) training as assigned by the MD state/local director.
- Promotes the NW MD CYIA ministry to individuals, churches and organizations.
- Presents the NW MD Christian Youth in Action program to potential CYIA candidates for recruitment of summer interns.
- Coordinates with individuals and churches to determine the locations for NW MD 5-Day Clubs.
- Assists in the daily operations of the NW MD 5-Day Club ministry.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in conference calls as set up by the local director.
- Attends and is an active participant in CEF activities held by the MD CEF organization as recommended by the Supervisor.
- Completes the training required to perform job responsibilities effectively.
- Carries out any other assignments as requested by the local board and/or the local director, including support of ministry to other NW MD counties.