Skip to content
Steps to Adopt a School
- Enlist a prayer team and begin to pray for the school you would like to adopt.
- Invite a CEF representative to make a 15 minute presentation to your congregation to cast the vision of reaching children for Christ in your local elementary school through the Good News Club program.
- Identify a team leader who will be the point person for the Good News Club and a liason between CEF, the church and the school.
- Recruit a team of between five and eight people who will be involved in the Good News Club ministry.
- Attend all CEF required training sessions to prepare the team for their ministry.
- Complete CEF’s Child Protection screening/sign Statement of Faith/Doctrinal Protection Policy/Worker’s Compliance Agreement.
- Sign the Church Partnership Agreement with CEF.
- Work with CEF to set up an appointment with the principal of the chosen elementary school and to submit all necessary paperwork (requirements vary by area).
- Begin your Good News Club ministry when permission is granted. Reach children and families with the Gospel!