HOW TO ADOPT A SCHOOL
1. Enlist a prayer team and begin to pray for the school you would like to adopt.
2. Invite a CEF representative to make a 15 minute presentation to your congregation to cast the vision of reaching children for Christ in your local elementary school through the Good News Club program.
Identify a team leader who will be the point person for the Good News Club and a liason between CEF, the church and the school.
3. Recruit a team of between five and eight people who will be involved in the Good News Club ministry.
4. Attend all CEF required training sessions to prepare the team for their ministry.
5. Complete CEF’s Child Protection screening/sign Statement of Faith/
Doctrinal Protection Policy/Worker’s Compliance Agreement.
6. Sign the Church Partnership Agreement with CEF.
7. Work with CEF to set up an appointment with the principal of the chosen elementary school and to submit all necessary paperwork (requirements vary by area).
8. Begin your Good News Club ministry when permission is granted. Reach children and families with the Gospel!